Notes on using the calendar of events
Monthly calendar view
This is the default view for events in the calendar, showing the current month and date.
To change the month, click on the drop-down and select the desired month.
To look at the calendar more than six months in advance:
- Select the last month listed in the drop-down.
- Let the page refresh.
- Select the drop-down again. The calendar will show dates further in the future.
To view events as a list in date order, click on 'List View'. By default only those events on the day will be shown.
Select the dates to be viewed by clicking on the drop-down (e.g. ‘next four months’) and clicking ‘go’.
To select beyond the next four months of events, click on the drop-down and select 'Date Range' and enter the range you wish to view. For example, the range 01/01/2008 to 31/12/2010 will provide you with most meetings in the calendar.
To view further information about an event, click on the event. Depending on the information available to BSI, this may include session times, the venue, programme details and external links for further information. In some cases a google map and documents for download may also be available.
By default, all events are listed in the BSI Event Calendar. Your view of these events can be filtered by:
- Specific regional or affinity group calendars (e.g. the calendar of the Edinburgh Immunology Group). This means you can select to see only events being organised by one or more groups.
- The United Kingdom calendar which lists events organised by other organisations in the UK, including events organised by the BSI.
- The International calendar which lists known international events.
To save the filters you have selected, click on 'Save my filter' at the bottom of the filter options.